"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi
Literacy:- Currently reading ‘Cloud Atlas’ by David Mitchell.
Numeracy:- Trying to figure out when the best time is to buy dollars with the exchange rates.
This week I have been delighted to read a lot of the information which has come out of our most recent student voice regarding the quality of teaching and learning. Before I go into that, I would like to thank all of the students and staff in every year group who have been a part of the student voice council and all of the students who have actively engaged in the recent debates in school. Your ideas and feedback are so useful for us as a school.
There are a lot of great ideas and it was nice to read that your favourite lessons include:
Discussion and debates
Mind –maps, brain storming and memory techniques – including songs in Maths and MFL!
Using our marking stamp
Demonstrations and practical’s
Variety of tasks
Clear instructions of how to get to the next level
This is excellent feedback and I would like to thank our teachers on your behalf for providing such an enjoyable and stimulating learning environment.
This week, I would like to say congratulations and thank you to:
• The Year 10 expert learners who enjoyed their well-deserved lunchtime reward
• To all involved in the visit from Monks Abbey Primary School who enjoyed some BIDMAS madness with Mrs Quittenton
• To Archie who came 1st in the 800m at the Northern Indoor Championships
• To the Years 7 and 8 badminton teams and their matches against NK
• To all Year 9 staff, students, parents and carers who came along to the fabulous parents’ evening last night
• To our Polish and Slovenian visitors who spent a day with us as part of their Read, Write and Eat Project.
Enjoy your weekend and don’t forget to keep striving for excellence.