If you only take one thing away from this week’s blog, it needs to be to go and see the school production of, ‘That’s How We Roald Dahl.’ It is absolutely stunning. Full of original scripts, fabulous music written by our students and superb acting – all based around the much loved characters created by Roald Dahl. It is a genuine treat. 7pm in the main hall - £3.
A massive thank you to everyone involved in the production – it really is a triumph.
We have had another busy week and are now very close to the Christmas break. I would like to say a massive well done to all of our Year 11 students and many of our Sixth Form students who have performed so well during the mock examinations so far. Your work, effort and commitment to doing well is fantastic. We are all very proud of you and wish you well for the week ahead.
I would also like to thank the following students for their work and effort this week:
- Matthew, James and Jack with their stylophones for product design;
- Anastasia with her levitation device;
- Mr Chapman’s Year 7 class for their ‘bits in a box’ project;
- Everyone who took part in the performance from the Half Eight on Thursday – delivering a message of e-safety and cyber bullying;
- All of the Year 7 students who made the Christmas biscuits;
- Everyone involved in raising money for the Lincs2Nepal charity fund raising;
- Years 9 and 10 football teams and their results against CWCS;
- Everyone who helped out with our Year 5 visitors from our partner primary school who came to watch, ‘That’s How We Roald Dahl’;
- Year 9 students who passed their entry level Latin.
We may only have just over a week left but it is a packed agenda coming up. With the Christmas fayre and concert on Wednesday, the dance exhibition on Thursday night, the Christmas Dinner on the following Monday and the cathedral service on the last day, we will end 2016 knowing this has been a great year.
Enjoy your weekend.