Key skills developed through Religious Education:
- Investigation - asking questions, information gathering, collecting evidence, undertaking research.
- Interpretation - understanding meaning and symbolism.
- Reflection - listening, thinking and feeling about the meaning of experience, and ultimate questions.
- Empathy - appreciating with imagination the beliefs of others, seeing through the eyes of another.
- Evaluation - being able to debate issues using evidence, weighing up different views and ideas.
- Analysis - distinguishing between opinion, fact and belief.
- Synthesis - linking significant features of religion together, connecting different aspects of life.
- Application - making the connection between ideas and values, and real life.
- Expression - explaining concepts, rituals and practices.
Furthermore, through an array of teaching methods and resources we aim to increase the following attributes in our pupils:
- Feelings of Awe and Wonder
- Reflection and Contemplation