Currently reading:- A Brief history of Time by Stephen Hawking
Numeracy:- How much diesel per week am I using for my commute to and from School?
I can’t believe that it is half-term already. Its seems like only yesterday that we enjoyed Christmas dinner together and wished everyone a happy new year!
‘We do not remember days, we remember moments.’ Cesare Pavese
It’s difficult to remember every single day of 2016 so far, but we all remember moments which bring up all sorts of images and memories for us to recall. This half-term has again been very busy but I wanted to remind you of some of the moments worth cherishing and remembering from this past week alone:
• The Year 10 group collecting (and eating) their prize this morning
• The Year 11 GCSE Sports Studies group and their mountain biking trip to Sherwood forest
• The Sixth Form students setting off to London (have a great trip!)
• The Year 9 Options Evening
• The trip to Newark Air Museum
• The year 7 Gymnasts showing us their outstanding work
• Miss Fearns’ Year 7 class showing us their ‘places of worship’ project work
• The great literacy display in the Library
• The Year 7 music lesson looking at Gamelan ensembles
• The Year 9 work on the Holocaust
• The Year 10 creativity with the cress competition
• The Year 8 rugby team success
• Shrove Tuesday in the Buzz Bar
• The Year 9 MFL students of the month
• The Chinese new year celebration
Yes, this really is just one week’s worth of great moments – great memories.
Another opportunity to remind ourselves just how lucky we all are to be a part of such a large, diverse, vibrant and creative LCHS community.
Thank you for a great half term. Enjoy the break and look after yourselves and one another.