Our school community never ceases to amaze me. Our collective passion to support young people in reaching their personal excellence is something which we should all be very proud of. This week, I have had the pleasure in interviewing about 20 Sixth Form candidates for Deputy Head Boy and Girl and Head Boy and Girl roles. What a fabulous bunch of people - sharing their ideas, their thoughts and their aspirations with the panel in a way which really made me feel proud to be associated with our great school. Thank you to everyone who put themselves forward for this.
Our Sixth Form team is such an important part of our school. Along with their efforts for personal, academic achievement, they involve themselves in the whole learning community of the school. Involvement in mentoring, ‘reading buddies’, ‘ambassadors’ etc. reinforces this learning community and ensures that we go from strength to strength . This core student leadership team is there for us all. Listening, supporting and ensuring all our students are at the core of everything we do, is our main remit and is yet another way you can have your voice heard within our school. Make sure you are a part of our development, our evolution, and I challenge you to leave a lasting legacy for those who follow.
I would also like to thank our parents who have been attending the parental engagement events over the past few weeks. They are great opportunities to find out more about our ethos and learning culture along with understanding different aspects of homework, discipline for learning and the ingredients for success at LCHS. Thank you for your kind feedback and to the staff who have taken the time to present at these events. When we work together to ensure a first class education is delivered and the opportunities to thrive are taken our impact is stronger; our resolve is greater; our students’ progress is better.
We have had another great week and I would like to pass on my best wishes to the students who are going off on great adventures over the coming days. To the Spanish trip and to the group of students going to China: what an amazing opportunity – have a great time.
Thank you also to:
• Performance in Education who performed to our Year 9 students today – looking at the steps to success
• To all year groups for their student voice activities – looking at our house system
• Connor on being accepted onto the Young Engineer for Britain mentoring programme
• The Sixth Form football team – drawing 3-3 with NK. Well done, Brodie and Scott on scoring
• Year 12 Geographers braving the rain, studying the perception of place and place profile in Lincoln
• All students who took part in the Year 7 Malteser Challenge – some of these are amazing!
• To everyone involved in the DT Project X challenge
• The sixth formers who collected the food for the Food for Calais appeal
• The Year 8 football team beating The Priory LSST 4-2 with stunning performances from Gabby, Lewis and Jack.
Have a great weekend.